Exclusive plants, unique by their sizes and forms!
A Child's First Dental Visit | Pediatric Dentistry
We invite you to bring your child to meet Dr. Timothy Gardner and Dr. Todd Leiker when they are 6 months old. Our goal is to help them develop positive associations with the dental office so that they can receive all future care without experiencing fear or anxiety. Call us today to schedule your child’s appointment with our general dentists and learn more about their first dental visit in Conroe and Montgomery, Texas. We are excited to meet your family!
The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry recommends that children visit a dentist to receive an initial dental exam within six months of when their first tooth erupts. These first dental visits are designed to establish a dental home and help your child begin developing positive associations with visiting the dentist.
A typical pediatric dental appointment will include the following:
- The dental team will greet you and your child.
- We will review the health history of your infant and your family.
- Our dentists will ask about your child’s oral habits, pacifier use, diet and general development.
- We will perform a gentle examination of your child’s teeth and gums, during which we will note any teeth that may appear in coming months.
- We will provide advice on brushing, flossing, how to prevent oral injury, fluoride intake and other topics to help you keep your child’s mouth healthy at home.
- We will provide a description of your child’s current oral health in detail and make any needed recommendations about oral habits, toothbrushes and toothpaste, diet, and pacifiers.
- A schedule of regular appointments will be created by our team for your child.
- We will address your questions and concerns.
Remember, if you are calm, your child will feel calm. You can help your child feel happier and more comfortable in the dental office by being positive and calm yourself. You can encourage your child to develop positive associations with visiting the dentist by avoiding threatening language and providing positive explanations about what will happen during the appointment.
If you have any questions about your child’s first dental appointment, please feel free to contact our office.
“Dr. Gardner is THE BEST dentist. Gentle, has state-of-the-art equipment and can do many procedures without having to send out to other specialists. Dr. Gardner has been my dentist for over 15 years. I highly recommend Dr. Gardner.” -Sara C.
“I came in pain with my lower teeth. They did a wonderful job making sure I was taken care of and out of pain.” -Shelia S.
“Throughout my experience here, I have gotten a lot better. My jaw doesn't pop anymore and it's easier to eat. I feel 90% better. You guys really made me feel at home.” - Shay W.
"I had the orthotic designed for me due to almost daily headaches. With each visit the pain and headaches I was experiencing lessened. After completing the process with Dr. Gardner I am headache free. It was well worth the time to experience such great results!"
Our Office Hours
Monday, 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Tuesday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Thursday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.